Applications for the David Gibson Memorial Scholarship are processed through our web-based scholarship platform.
The 2022 application period is now closed. Recipients will be announced in May.
Please see below for application guidelines.
David was born on July 25, 1941 in Livingston and he received his education at Springdale School and Park County High School. Always ready to help, he shared his vast knowledge in all aspects of agriculture with anyone eager to learn – and even with those not so eager to learn but who needed to be taught the cowboy ways. He was an inventor, a mechanical genius, and a fixer of all things who held a patent on the Gibson Round Bale Feeder. He always had a project going or was helping others with their cattle, fencing, farming, and anything else that he knew needed doing.
After David passed away in 2020 his family established this scholarship, in his honor, for a Park County student wishing to attend a vocational or trade school. The scholarship will be awarded to one student per year, with that student receiving $500.
- A recent or soon-to-be graduate of a Park County high school: Park High, Gardiner, or Shields Valley OR a home-schooled student.
- Planning to attend a vocational or trade school after graduation
- Planning to attend a post-secondary institution for perquisites before enrolling in a vocational school
- Under the age of 21 and currently enrolled in vocational school
- Complete an online application, with a brief essay:
- What got you interested in this particular trade?
- What previous experience have you had with this trade?
- Why do you think you would be good at this trade?
- What is your intended path to receive the necessary education/training in this trade?
- Request one letter of recommendation, which can be completed either online or in paper format and delivered to the PCCF office at 104 S. Main St.
- Click HERE to download and print the paper version of the letter of recommendation form.
Please direct any questions about this scholarship opportunity to Annie Beaver, Director of Finance & Administration:
Annie.Beaver@pccf-montana.org or call our office at 406-224-3920.