Position title: Coalition Coordinator, Independent Contractor
Function: The Park County Early Childhood Coalition (PCECC) Coordinator position is configured as an independent contractor with oversight provided by the program director of the Park County Community Foundation. Working closely with community leaders and organizations to advance early childhood development efforts in Park County. The time commitment for this position varies with the time of year and level of activities and events. It is estimated at an average of 60 hours a month.
Overview: The coalition coordinator is specifically responsible for developing knowledge of key early childhood development issues, existing efforts and stakeholders in Park County. The coordinator acts as the backbone of the collective impact efforts in five specific focus areas: Kindergarten Readiness, Preschool Professionals, Quality Care Development, Health and Wellness and Community Outreach and Involvement.
Coalition Alignment and Membership Support
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings of PCECC program committees (e.g. arrange meeting locations, send reminders to the group, prepare agendas with input of the committees and ensure minutes of each committee meeting are completed, circulated and publicly posted).
- Manage tasks and ensure that program committees are accountable to completing work as outlines in any grants, such as the Montana Preschool Development Grant.
- Coordinate recruitment of Coalition members with guidance from the Guiding Council and program committees. Monitor and report on representation among membership categories.
- Ensure orientation of current and new members to the purposes and activities of the Coalition.
- Participate in and support the work of the Guiding Council and program committees, ensuring notes are being taken, providing resources and facilitating program committee meetings.
- Ensure the creation, maintenance, distribution and public posting of Coalition documents, including but not limited to the following: Coalition membership list with contact information, distribution list for information dissemination to interested community members, calendar of Coalition events, meetings, trainings, etc.; Coalition meeting minutes and committee meeting notes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Coalition members, key community organizations and potential partners.
Marketing and Reporting
- Monitor, track and evaluate current Coalition efforts
- Track allocated meeting, marketing, and other expenses to remain within budgeted amounts.
- Manage and maintain PCECC Facebook page content
- Create and distribute communications materials for Coalition programs and initiatives
- Ensure clear and direct communication with Program Director in all areas of responsibility.
- Communicate and discuss new Coalition opportunities with PCCF program director before committing time and resources
- Contribute early childhood development expertise to the grant writing process
- Manage program committee budgets and make necessary purchases within those budgets.
- Identify policy, process and structural issues and share with the PCCF program director and the Guiding Council if appropriate.
- Event planning
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Guiding Council as you are able
- Bachelor’s degree in education, nonprofit management, human services, social work, child development or related field.
- Working knowledge of early child education, family issues and community resources preferred
- Self-motivated and organized
- Strong project implementation and program management skills
- Experience in meeting facilitation
- Proficiency in public speaking
- Capable of working with diverse populations and organizations
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously
- Strong leadership skills
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with others in a professional and appropriate manner while maintaining a healthy sense of humor
- Knowledge of trauma informed care practices preferred
Apply via email with a cover letter, resume and three references to: Carly.Burson@PCCF-Montana.org
Or mail applications to:
Carly Burson, program director
Park County Community Foundation
PO Box 2199
Livingston, MT 59047