2017 Annual Community Grants Eligibility:
The Annual Grants Committee will review each competitive application from an individual nonprofit or community organization on its merits as conveyed in the application. Applicants must be:
- a qualified 501(c)(3) organization;
- have a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) organization;
- be a public entity located in Park County or with projects and programs in Park County, Montana.
Proposed projects should be for the benefit of Park County residents. Grants typically range from $500 to $5,000.
Collaborative Grant Applications for 2017:
The collaborative grant program also is a competitive process. A collaborative grant of up to $20,000 is available for two or more nonprofit organizations applying for a common-purpose program or project objectives. Grants will be considered in three target areas: (1) senior-citizen concerns, (2) domestic violence education and prevention, and (3) early childhood/youth well-being.
Applications for both individual agency and collaborative grants are due April 30, 2017
Note that we generally do not make grants to:
- Fundraising events
- Projects supporting religious organizations or for religious purposes
- Annual appeals and membership contributions
- Political or partisan organizations
We give priority to programs that:
- Create and improve quality services and programs for vulnerable and underserved populations;
- Develop or test/evaluate new, creative community solutions;
- Promote problem-solving that supports partnerships, collaboration or integration of service.
Suggestions to improve your application:
- Applications clearly expressing a “need” in Park County receive higher consideration than those conveying a “want.” Description of the “need” is best supported by local data rather than national.
- Some requests are the same requests that have been funded year-after-year. A statement of need for increased funding to expand a program should show clear justification and/or need for program expansion.
- Specificity regarding how the grant request fits
- your overall budget and directly impacts residents of Park County is important information for the Annual Grants Committee. Specific information presented receives higher consideration than minimal information.